- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Beaune's winemaker hangout Bar du Square doesn't serve a lot of food. But it does offer an outstanding snack that comes to the table as components to be assembled DIY-style: a can of good-quality sardines; a basket of oiled toasts; and little bowls of sweet balsamic glaze and flaky salt.
- 24 baguette slices, cut on the diagonal 1/3 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cans (3.75 ounces each) olive oilpacked sardines, drained
- Flaky salt, such as Maldon
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush generously with olive oil. Toast for about 10 minutes, until the bread is golden brown; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, boil the balsamic vinegar over moderately high heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 12 minutes; let cool.
- Arrange the toasts on a platter and top with the sardines. Drizzle with a little of the reduced balsamic. Serve with flaky salt for sprinkling.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.