- 2 cooked 1 1/2-pound lobsters
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 small Thai chile, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 cups green (unripe) mango or papaya, peeled and julienned
- 1 European cucumberhalved lengthwise, seeded and julienned
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves or 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves or 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves or 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
How to make this recipe
- Remove the meat from the lobster knuckles and claws. Twist the tails off the bodies. Split the tails lengthwise and remove the tail meat. Pull out and discard the black intestinal vein. Cut all the lobster into bite-size chunks.
- In a mortar, pound the ginger with the sugar, garlic and chile to make a paste. Alternatively, chop the ingredients in a mini-processor. Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce and sesame oil.
- In a bowl, toss the mango, cucumber, basil, mint and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss well. Arrange the lobster on top and sprinkle with the peanuts. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Pair with Bonny Doon's Ca' del Solo Big House White, from California or a floral San Pietro Gavi, from Italy.