Santa Fe Quinoa Salad
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3/4 cup quinoa (about 5 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- One 3-ounce jar cocktail onions, drained and finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Spread the quinoa on a baking sheet; refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds over high heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; transfer to a blender. Add the lime juice and oil and blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl and add the black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and cocktail onions. Scrape the quinoa into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Juicy, plummy Malbec from Argentina.