- 2 medium ears of corn, shucked
- 4 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon pure New Mexico chile powder
- 1 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- 10 oil-cured black olives, pitted and thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and let cool. Cut the kernels from the cobs.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree the tomatoes until smooth. Pass the tomatoes through a food mill or a fine sieve set over a large bowl; you should have about 7 cups of juice. Stir in the orange juice, lime juice, chile powders and the grenadine and season with salt. Refrigerate until chilled, about 10 minutes.
Ladle the chilled soup into cups. Garnish with the olive slices and corn kernels and serve.
The soup can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours. Serve chilled.
Fast Tip For another delicious garnish, top the soup with halved cherry tomatoes and jicama slices splashed with silver tequila.