- 1/2 teaspoon sesame-chile oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound fresh sushi-grade tuna, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- One 12-ounce seedless cucumber, cut into julienne
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the chile oil and soy sauce. Add the tuna and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°. Put the coconut flakes in a pie plate and bake for about 5 minutes, until the coconut flakes are golden brown.
- In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk with the lime juice, fish sauce and light brown sugar until combined.
- Mound the cucumber julienne on plates. Top with the tuna and drizzle with the coconut dressing. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut and serve right away with lime wedges.
Vinho Verde from Portugal has a fizzy quality that is a good match for the fresh coconut and cucumber flavors in this salad.