- Kosher salt
- One 1-pound salmon fillet, with skin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups packed mesclun (3 ounces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Calamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread a 1/4-inch layer of kosher salt on a small rimmed baking sheet. Nestle the salmon in the salt, skin side down. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just cooked through. Using a spatula, lift the fillet from the skin and break it into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the vinegar, mustard and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Add the mesclun, tomatoes, olives, chives and basil and toss. Add the salmon; toss gently and serve.