- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
How to make this recipe
- Combine chickpeas and vinegar in small sauce pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from from the heat, cover, and it let sit for 30 minutes. Drain chickpeas and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 400º.Toss the chickpeas with oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
The chickpeas can be roasted up to 1 day ahead. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. Can be served at room temperature or briefly reheated, about 5 minutes at 400º.
Water is the enemy of crunch, so make sure you remove as much moisture as possible after boiling the chickpeas. Use paper towels to remove any surface moisture, and if you have time, let them air-dry for 30 minutes before tossing with oil and baking.