- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salted capers
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped chervil
- 1/4 cup chopped tarragon
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine the chopped red onion with the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cover the capers with warm water and let stand for 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the capers to a work surface and finely chop them.
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, chervil, tarragon and chives. Drain the onion, squeezing out any excess vinegar, and add to the bowl along with the capers. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Let the salsa verde stand for at least 1 hour before serving.
The salsa verde can be refrigerated covered overnight. Bring the salsa to room temperature before serving, or serve lightly chilled.