© Michael Turek
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 3 cups
This garlicky sauce made with parsley, olive oil, anchovies and capers is one of the traditional condiments for bollito misto, the classic Italian dish of tender boiled meats.
Slideshow: Healthy Italian Recipes to Try
- 8 oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 4 cups lightly packed flat-leaf parsley (from 3 large bunches)
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor, combine the anchovies, garlic and capers and process until finely chopped. Add the parsley and olive oil and pulse until the parsley is finely chopped. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt.
Make Ahead The salsa verde can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.