- 1 pound tomatillos, chopped
- 1 small green chile, chopped
- 1 small bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, skinless, cut into chunks
- 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
How to make this recipe
In a blender, puree the tomatillos, chile, scallions, cilantro, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot, then stir in the on-ion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook, stirring until golden, about 8 minutes.
Divide the filling between the tortillas. Roll each tortilla into a cylinder and place, side-by-side in a baking dish. Pour the reserved salsa verde over the tortillas, sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake the enchiladas until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Serve.