- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 3 cups
Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson considers this emerald-colored condiment to be Italy's quintessential dipping sauce. He serves the rich basil-parsley salsa, flavored with piquant cornichons and capers, with everything from bread sticks and grilled vegetables to roasted meat and fish.
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 3 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped cornichons
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Scrape the salsa into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.