- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make this recipe
Soak the red onion in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
Stir together the onion, jalapeño, lime juice, vinegar, cilantro and salt.
The salsa criolla can be made up to 1 day ahead. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.