- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- Soak the red onion in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir together the onion, jalapeño, lime juice, vinegar, cilantro and salt.
The salsa criolla can be made up to 1 day ahead. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.