- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
- Hefty pinch crushed red pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oregano leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots, garlic, capers, crushed red pepper and half of the lemon zest and cook over moderately low heat until the shallots are tender, about 12 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. When cooled, stir in the lemon juice, parsley, oregano and remaining lemon zest; season with salt.