Salmon with Wilted Watercress and Lemon-Balsamic Dressing
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 pound watercress, large stems removed
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large, deep skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Lightly oil a steamer rack and set it in the skillet. Carefully add the salmon fillets in a single layer. Cover and steam over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Strew the watercress over the salmon, cover and steam for 1 minute. Transfer the salmon and watercress to plates. Spoon the dressing over the salmon and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.