Salmon with Oyster Mushrooms and Peppers
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Six 8-ounce salmon fillets, with skin
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, garlic and wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and just beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in the parsley, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Heat a very large ovenproof skillet until hot. Add the olive oil and swirl the skillet to coat. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet, skin side down. Cook the salmon over high heat until the skin is crisp, 3 minutes. Turn the fillets, transfer to the oven and roast for 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Spoon the mushrooms and peppers onto plates, top with the salmon, skin side up, and serve with the lemon wedges.
An aromatic Spanish white is lovely with rich fish like salmon.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.