© Tina Rupp
Salmon with Lemon Glaze and Rosemary Crumbs
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
These plump center-cut salmon fillets, marbled with healthy omega-3 rich fat, are lacquered with mint-and-lemon-infused honey, then topped with crisp rosemary-scented bread crumbs.
Healthy Grilling Recipes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- One 4-inch rosemary sprig
- 3/4 cup Japanese panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 mint sprigs
- Four 1/2-pound skinless salmon fillets
- Light a grill. In a small skillet, warm the 1/4 cup of olive oil with the garlic and rosemary over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the bread crumbs and cook, stirring constantly, until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Discard the rosemary sprig and smashed garlic from the crumbs.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey with the lemon juice and mint sprigs and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Brush the salmon fillets with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Grill the fish over a medium-high fire, turning once, until lightly charred and just pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Brush the honey and lemon glaze all over the fillets and grill until lightly lacquered, turning and brushing both sides, about 2 minutes. Transfer the grilled, glazed salmon to plates, sprinkle with the bread crumbs and serve immediately.
NotesPanko breadcrumbs from Japan are coarser than ordinary breadcrumbs, and make for a much lighter and crunchier coating. They're especially good for breading seafood. Look for panko in the Asian food section of larger supermarkets or at Asian markets.