Salmon with Andouille Sausage and Green Olives
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- One 4-ounce link of andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets, preferably wild salmon
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a small skillet over high heat. Add the andouille and cook, stirring, until sizzling, about 1 minute. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature. Mix the sausage with the sliced olives, softened butter and minced shallot.
- Light a grill. Rub the salmon fillets all over with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon over high heat, turning once, until nicely charred and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the salmon to plates, top with the buttered andouille mixture and serve immediately.
When paired with the salmon, the strongest flavor that comes through in an assertively oaked Pinot Noir is lush cherry fruit.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.