- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce skin-on wild salmon fillets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 long red chiles, seeded and sliced
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, combine the shallot and lime juice and let stand for 10 minutes. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
In a nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and cook, skin side down, over moderately high heat until crisp, 6 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook until just done, 4 minutes longer; transfer to plates.
Discard all but 1 1/2 teaspoons of the fat in the skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the vodka and simmer until reduced by half, 1 minute. Toss the parsley and chiles with the shallot. Serve the salmon with the vodka sauce and parsley salad.
One Serving 401 cal, 23 gm fat, 3 gm sat fat, 5 gm carb, 1 gm fiber.