- 2 tablespoons minced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons pressed caviar (2 ounces)
- 1/2 pound skinless salmon trout or salmon fillet, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 small, tender herb sprigs, such as tarragon, parsley or chervil
- Rinse the onion and scallions in a fine sieve and pat dry; transfer to a bowl. Add the chives, lime juice, sesame oil and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss.
- Roll out the caviar between two sheets of plastic wrap 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the caviar to a cutting board and cut into 1/8-inch dice. Add the caviar to the bowl. Fold in the fish and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the tartare onto plates (using a 3-inch ring mold as a guide, if desired). Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with the tomatoes and herb sprigs and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.