- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Kosher salt
- Twelve 1/2-inch-thick baguette slices
- 12 ounces skinless sushi-grade salmon fillet, very finely diced
- Mustard seed oil, for drizzling
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a blender, combine 1/3 cup of the olive oil with the garlic, crushed red pepper and 1 tablespoon each of the parsley and mint; puree until smooth. Season the garlic oil generously with salt.
Brush the baguette slices with the garlic oil; arrange on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until crisp on the outside but soft in the middle.
In a medium bowl, mix the salmon with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/3 cup each of chopped parsley and mint. Season the tartare with salt and mound on the toasts. Transfer to a platter. Drizzle mustard oil over the tartare and serve.
Medium-bodied, mineral-rich Chardonnay.