Salmon Steaks with Grape Tomatoes and Mint
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 SERVINGS
- 3/4 pound grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 8- to 10-ounce salmon steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the onion and mint; season with salt and pepper.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the salmon and cook over high heat until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast the salmon for 7 minutes, or until barely cooked through. Transfer to plates. Pour off the fat from the skillet and stir in the lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits. Pour the mixture over the salmon, spoon the salad on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.