- 1 1/4 cups long grain rice, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound leftover Salmon with Spinach Topping, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 hard cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- Put the rice in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over low heat for 13 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then fluff the rice, cover and let stand until ready to use.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and toss well to coat thoroughly with the curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Place the salmon and spinach over the rice, breaking it up into large pieces. Cover and cook over moderate heat until the salmon is heated through, about 3 minutes. Uncover and stir a few times. Add the clam juice and heavy cream and stir well. Gently stir in the eggs and transfer to a bowl or platter. Top with the scallion and parsley and serve right away.