- 1 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound cooked skinless salmon fillet, flaked
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Put the potatoes in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and peel the potatoes, then cut them into 1-inch chunks.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until browned and crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain, then crumble.
- Melt the butter in the bacon fat in the skillet. Add the onion and potatoes and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally and gently mashing the potatoes until browned in spots, about 8 minutes. Add the bacon, salmon and chives; season with salt and pepper. Cook just until the salmon is heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large, deep skillet of water to a simmer. Crack the eggs into individual bowls and add them to the simmering water. Poach the eggs over moderate heat until the whites are set but the yolks are still slightly runny, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the eggs out of the water; blot dry with paper towels. Spoon the hash onto plates, top with the eggs and serve right away. Pass hot sauce at the table.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.