- 1 pound skin-on salmon fillet
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 medium navel or Cara Cara oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sections cut into thirds
- 1 Hass avocado, sliced into wedges
- Snipped chives, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°. Lay the salmon skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, until just cooked through. Let cool, then flake into large chunks; discard the skin.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk with the olive oil and poppy seeds. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Arrange the salmon, oranges, grapefruit and avocado on a platter or plates. Drizzle some of the dressing on top. Garnish with snipped chives and serve, passing additional dressing at the table.