- 5 large eggs
- 6 ounces sliced spicy salami
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 cornichons, plus thinly sliced cornichons for garnish
- 8 thin slices of German dark wheat bread—crusts removed, toasted and cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- Capers and chopped fresh herbs, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a boil; cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes. Drain the eggs and immediately fill the pan with cold water. Add ice and let the eggs stand until chilled. Drain the eggs, peel and coarsely chop.
- In a food processor, combine the eggs, salami, mayonnaise, mustard and whole cornichons; pulse until smooth.
- Spread the salami mixture on the toast squares. Garnish with the sliced cornichons, capers and herbs and serve.
The salami spread can be refrigerated overnight.