- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces thickly sliced Genoa salami, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips (2
- 4 cups torn watercress or baby arugula
- 1 dozen large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rye toast, for serving
Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the sliced onion and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the salami strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the watercress and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are softly set, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer the mishmash to plates and serve right away with rye toast.