Salad of Potatoes, Green Beans, Zucchini and Herbs
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- Four 1/4-pound red potatoes
- 1/2 pound green beans (see Note)
- Four 1/4-pound zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Steam the potatoes in a basket over simmering water until tender, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool completely. Peel the potatoes, then slice them 1/4 inch thick.
- Meanwhile, add the green beans to the steamer and cook for 3 minutes. Scatter the zucchini over the green beans and steam until both are just tender, about 3 minutes. Spread the beans and zucchini out on a baking sheet and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with the basil, parsley, vinegar, garlic, dill, oregano and thyme; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with all but 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette, then transfer to a platter. Add the beans, zucchini and remaining vinaigrette to the bowl and toss to coat. Mound the beans and zucchini on the potatoes and serve.
Make Ahead The salad can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Notes This recipe can be endlessly varied. If you don't have beans or zucchini, try broccoli. If you don't have all five herbs, substitute more of the ones you have.
A fresh white with a touch of herbs will blend with this herb-rich salad. Try an Italian Paleo Biano, a Sauvignon Blac and Chardonnay blend.