Salad of Potatoes, Green Beans, Zucchini and Herbs
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- Four 1/4-pound red potatoes
- 1/2 pound green beans (see Note)
- Four 1/4-pound zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Steam the potatoes in a basket over simmering water until tender, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool completely. Peel the potatoes, then slice them 1/4 inch thick.
- Meanwhile, add the green beans to the steamer and cook for 3 minutes. Scatter the zucchini over the green beans and steam until both are just tender, about 3 minutes. Spread the beans and zucchini out on a baking sheet and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with the basil, parsley, vinegar, garlic, dill, oregano and thyme; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with all but 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette, then transfer to a platter. Add the beans, zucchini and remaining vinaigrette to the bowl and toss to coat. Mound the beans and zucchini on the potatoes and serve.
A fresh white with a touch of herbs will blend with this herb-rich salad. Try an Italian Paleo Biano, a Sauvignon Blac and Chardonnay blend.