Salad of Mixed Greens with Grilled Peaches and Cabrales Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Chef Bradford Thompson of Mary Elaine's at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, Arizona, combines Spanish blue cheese, toasted walnuts and sweet, drippy peaches with frisée for a delicious salad.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 firm, ripe freestone peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 ounces arugula, large stems discarded
- One 5-ounce head frisée, torn into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
- 3 ounces Cabrales cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Light a grill. Put the walnuts in a pie plate and toast in the oven for 7 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Transfer the walnuts to a plate and let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a medium bowl, toss the peaches with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the peaches over a medium-high fire until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the peaches to a work surface and cut each half in half.
- In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula and frisée and toss well. Transfer the salad to a platter and scatter the Cabrales and toasted walnuts on top. Arrange the peaches around the salad and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.