- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small head of frisée, leaves torn
- 3 ounces baby arugula (3 cups)
- 1 small head of radicchio, leaves torn (3 cups)
- 3 ounces dandelion greens, stems discarded and leaves torn (3 cups)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch-wide ribbons
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon each of both vinegars with the mustard. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the greens and chopped eggs but don't toss.
In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Cook over moderately high heat until the butter begins to brown, about 1 minute. Add the prosciutto and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Swirl in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter until melted.
Toss the greens, season with salt and pepper and transfer to plates. Spoon the hot dressing over the greens and serve.