- Two 4-ounce tilapia fillets
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 pound enoki mushrooms, bottoms trimmed
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
How to make this recipe
Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and then add the tilapia fillets. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the fillets from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and then stir in the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until soft.
Add the sake, rice vinegar, salt, and mushrooms to the pan, and increase the heat to high. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the mushrooms are tender. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Serve the tilapia garnished with green onions.