- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin, or dry sherry mixed with a pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- One 6-ounce sea bass fillet with skin, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 4 Scallion Pancakes
- 1/2 cup finely julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup finely juilienned daikon
- In a nonreactive saucepan, coo, the soy sauce, mirin, sugar and sake over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Add the sea bass, skin side down, and cook over high heat, turning once, until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side. Pour off any oil and add the soy sauce glaze to the pan. Cook the fish, basting and turning, until just translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Lay a Scallion Pancake on each of 4 small plates and set the sea bass on top. Garnish with the carrot and daikon and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.