- 2 pounds bone-in chicken drumsticks or thighs, with skin
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
How to make this recipe
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Set aside.
Whisk together the salt, ground sage, garlic powder, brown sugar, and black pepper. Rub the chicken with the spice mixture.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs and set aside. In another large bowl whisk together the flour and any excess spice rub.
Coat each piece of chicken in egg and then dredge in flour. Shake off any excess and set aside.
Heat about 1 inch of oil to 375° in a large frying pan or Dutch oven.
Working in small batches, gently place the chicken into the hot oil and fry on both sides until crispy and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes on each side.