© Kate Mathis
Saffron, Orange and Tomato Glaze
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1/2 cup
This mayonnaise-based glaze, flavored with orange zest, saffron and tomato paste, is delicious brushed on all kinds of fish, like More Condiment Recipes
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the wine at medium power until hot, about 10 seconds. Crumble the saffron into the wine and let stand for 5 minutes. Fold in the mayonnaise, tomato paste and orange zest and season with salt and pepper.
Sauce variation: Stir in 1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice per 1/4 cup of glaze.