- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- In a small bowl, crumble the saffron into 1 tablespoon of the water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of water with the sugar and microwave for about 1 minute, until the sugar is dissolved. Transfer the bowl to the freezer until the syrup is cold.
- In a bowl, whisk the yogurt with the saffron water and sugar syrup. Refrigerate, whisking a few times, until cold and brightly colored, about 1 hour. Pour into medium glasses and serve.
One serving 160 cal, 21 gm carb, 6 gm fat, 3.9 gm sat fat, 6 gm protein