Saffron Cucumber Pickles
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 QUARTS
- 1 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled saffron threads
- Two 1-pound European seedless cucumbers, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar with the wine, sugar, salt and saffron and bring to a boil. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a heatproof bowl, pour the pickling liquid over the cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.