- 1/2 cup gluten-free sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free millet flour
- 1 cup Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon whole caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground caraway
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- Maple syrup, for serving, optional
In a large bowl, whisk the sorghum flour with the millet flour, all-purpose flour, whole caraway seeds, ground caraway, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the raisins.
In a small bowl, whisk the milk with the eggs, butter and honey, then stir into the flour mixture.
Preheat a Belgian waffle iron to medium-high and grease with vegetable oil. Pour a heaping 1/3 cup of batter into each waffle iron square, pushing the batter out to the edges; close the waffle iron and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes. Cook the remaining waffles and serve with maple syrup.