- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 pound Savoy cabbage, diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Put the potatoes and cabbage in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Add salt and simmer over moderately high heat until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and return to the pan. Shake the pan over moderately high heat to dry out the potatoes. Remove from the heat. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes with the cabbage. Mash in the butter and olive oil. Stir in the milk, season with salt and pepper, then serve.