- SERVINGS: 4
Teresa Barrenechea of New York City's Marichu makes this chunky version of Spain's most popular soup. If you prefer a smoother variety, puree it and pass it through a food mill or coarse sieve—it will be easier to pour out of a thermos.
- 6 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 large cucumber—peeled, halved, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Hot sauce, for serving
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, water, oil and vinegar and process until coarsely pureed. Season with salt and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with hot sauce.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.