Rum Smoothie Parfaits
- SERVINGS: 4
Before dinner, put four wineglasses and the blender canister in the freezer to chill and prepare the ingredients for the parfaits. Make the dessert immediately before serving it.
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 1/2 pints (3 cups) hard-frozen good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or any dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon ground or finely chopped nuts, such as almonds or pecans
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
- Crisp sugar cookies (optional)
- Add the dark rum to the ice-cold blender canister and scoop in the hard-frozen ice cream. Blend for 20 to 30 seconds, or until smooth, stopping now and then to break up and stir in the lumps.
- Pour the softened ice cream into the chilled wineglasses and sprinkle the ice cream with the golden raisins and chopped nuts. Garnish the parfaits with the mint sprigs and serve with crisp sugar cookies, if desired.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.