- SERVINGS: Makes 1 Drink
Inspired by the Orange Julius, the famous orangey milkshake, Rhiannon Enlil flavors this rum drink with a quick homemade vanilla syrup. Leftover syrup can be stirred into club soda, hot chocolate or coffee, or used for milkshakes.
Slideshow: Terrific Rum Cocktails
- 3/4 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 ounces aged rum
- 1 ounce chilled heavy cream
- 3/4 ounce Vanilla Syrup (see Note)
- 3 drops of orange flower water
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- 1 1/2 ounces chilled club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the orange juice, lemon juice and egg white and shake well. Add ice and the rum, heavy cream, Vanilla Syrup, orange flower water and bitters and shake again. Pour the club soda into a chilled collins glass, then slowly strain the drink into the glass. Serve with a straw.
Notes Vanilla Syrup In a small saucepan, bring 4 ounces water to a simmer. Remove from the heat, add 1/2 split vanilla bean and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain the liquid into a jar and stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Refrigerate the syrup for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 6 ounces.