- SERVINGS: yields approximately 1 cup
Anthony Bourdain calls this super-garlicky mayonnaise “the magical condiment.” The perfect balance of garlic, lemon and saffron is what makes it so good.
Slideshow: Great Condiment Ideas
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Small pinch of saffron threads
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In the bowl of the food processor, combine the garlic, red pepper, egg yolk, lemon juice, and saffron. Pulse until smooth, then slowly drizzle in the oil and process continuously until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and use immediately.
Make Ahead Equipment needed: food processor.