- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- On a work surface, mince the garlic with a pinch of salt. In a mini-processor, combine the garlic with the saffron, lemon juice and cayenne and pulse until blended. Add the mayonnaise and pulse until smooth. With the machine on, add the oil in a thin stream and blend until emulsified. Transfer the rouille to a bowl and season with salt.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.