© John Kernick
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 10
- 20 large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds), shelled and deveined
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into twenty 1-inch squares
- 10 thick rosemary branches (about 8 inches long), all but the top 2 inches of needles stripped off
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Alternately thread 2 shrimp and 2 red pepper squares onto each rosemary branch.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and parsley. Lightly brush the skewers with some of the olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the skewers over high heat, brushing with the oil mixture, until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Serve right away.
Make AheadThe recipe can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated overnight.
Torrontés, Argentina's top white grape, has a lively blossom-and-citrus character that goes well with shellfish.