- 20 large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds), shelled and deveined
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into twenty 1-inch squares
- 10 thick rosemary branches (about 8 inches long), all but the top 2 inches of needles stripped off
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Alternately thread 2 shrimp and 2 red pepper squares onto each rosemary branch.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and parsley. Lightly brush the skewers with some of the olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the skewers over high heat, brushing with the oil mixture, until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Serve right away.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated overnight.
Torrontés, Argentina's top white grape, has a lively blossom-and-citrus character that goes well with shellfish.