- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8 cups
Ever since she discovered this addictively salty-spicy cocktail snack in The Casual Vineyard Table: From Wente Vineyards by Carolyn Wente and Kimball Jones, Melissa Rube Jacobsonl's been making it in one form or another for herself and her friends. This is her favorite version, with cashews, rosemary and cayenne pepper.
- 8 cups raw cashews
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, toss the cashews with the maple syrup, olive oil, rosemary and cayenne.
- Spread the cashews on a large rimmed baking sheet and toast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Immediately season the cashews with salt and pepper; let cool, tossing occasionally.