© Tina Rupp
Rosemary Lamb Chops
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way A rosemary-mint sauce tops the lamb chops.
Easy Way Skip the sauce for the lamb chops; instead, rub rosemary onto the chops before they're seared.
More Lamb Recipes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 romaine leaves, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch ribbons
- 1/4 cup shredded mint leaves
- 12 baby lamb rib chops (about 2 1/2 pounds), bones frenched (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- In a medium saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the scallions and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the peas, lima beans, zucchini and crushed red pepper and season with salt and black pepper. Cover and cook over very low heat until barely softened, about 15 minutes. Add the lettuce and 2 tablespoons of the mint, cover and cook until the lettuce is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan. Rub the chops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and black pepper. Rub the rosemary onto the chops. Grill the chops over high heat for 6 minutes, turning once or twice, for medium-rare meat.
- Spoon the vegetables onto plates and top with the lamb chops. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of mint and serve.
NotesHave your butcher french the chops.