- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 3 medium tomatoes—halved, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a medium baking dish, brush the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the oil and rub with the rosemary. Season with pepper and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 6 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and thyme and cook until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover partially and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Season the mushroom sauce with salt and pepper and spoon onto plates. Slice the grilled chicken breasts on the diagonal 1/2 inch thick. Arrange the chicken over the mushroom sauce and serve.
One Serving 383 cal, 21 gm fat, 3.4 gm sat fat, 14 gm carb, 2.1 gm fiber.