- 1/2 cup rosemary leaves
- 8 garlic cloves
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 12 baby lamb chops (about 3 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves, for garnish
- Large pinch of pimentón de la Vera, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, pulse the rosemary and garlic cloves with a pinch each of salt and pepper until coarsely chopped. With the machine on, gradually add the 1/2 cup of olive oil until the rosemary and garlic are finely chopped. Scrape the mixture into a large baking dish and add the lamb chops. Turn the chops so they are well coated. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once, until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, about 6 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with the mint leaves and pimentón, top with a drizzle of olive oil and serve immediately.
Dense, powerful Sagrantino can be quite tannic when young, but with a little age, it pairs very well with gamey lamb.