© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Rosemary-Brown Sugar Pumpkin Seeds
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 cup
Use your leftover Halloween pumpkin seeds to make the perfect afternoon snack. Rosemary and sweet brown sugar are a great combination to make holiday-inspired roasted pumpkin seeds.
Slideshow: Cooking with Rosemary
- Seeds from 1 medium (10-pound) pumpkin (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the seeds and boil for 10 minutes. Drain. Pat the pumpkin seeds dry on paper towels.
- In a bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with the vegetable oil, brown sugar, and rosemary. Season with salt to taste. Spread the coated seeds evenly on the lined baking pan. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning the seeds every 10 minutes. Remove the seeds from the oven when they are crispy. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.