- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup fresh currants (optional)
- Distilled water
- Two 750-ml bottles rosé
- 8 ounces light rum
- 8 ounces simple syrup (see Note)
- 4 ounces Campari
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes (optional)
How to make this recipe
- Layer the berries in a Bundt pan. Gradually add just enough distilled water to cover. Freeze until solid, 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large punch bowl, stir the wine with the rum, simple syrup, Campari and lemon juice. Refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with very hot water. Dip the bottom of the Bundt pan in the water to loosen the ice ring and invert it onto a plate. Add the ice ring to the sangria. Serve in wineglasses, with or without ice.
The mixed-berry ice ring can be frozen for up to 3 days. The sangria can be refrigerated overnight.
To make 8 ounces of simple syrup, combine 3/4 cup each of water and sugar in a saucepan. Boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let cool before using.